T5857 and T5931
TASMANIAN INDUSTRIAL COMMISSION
Industrial Relations Act 1984
Minister for Public Sector Management
The Community & Public Sector Union
COMMUNITY AND HEALTH SERVICES (PUBLIC SECTOR) AWARD
Award variation - salaries, classification standards, definitions and conditions of employment - expense related allowances - consent matter - operative ffpp 20 November 1995
REASONS FOR DECISION
These applications were lodged by the Minister for Public Sector Management and The Community & Public Sector Union (State Public Services Federation Tasmania) for the purpose of varying the Community and Health Services (Public Sector) Award in the following manner -
1. To simplify the format of the award.
2. Clarify a number of clauses contained in the award to give effect to the true intention of the parties.
3. To update Clause 8 - Salaries to reflect the salaries agreed between the parties arising out of the general public sector award restructuring case and registered with the Commission pursuant to Section 55 of the Act (State Service Wages Arrangements Department of Community and Health Services Agreement 1993 - T No. 4731 of 1993).
4. Increase the rates prescribed for district, kilometreage, and travelling allowances and Clause 14 - Board and Lodging to reflect movement in the Consumer Price Index.
5. Insert a new allowance applicable to employees who are required or authorised to attend either a training course, conference or other similar functions where full accommodation (including meals) is provided by the employer.
All these matters came before the Commission with the consent of the parties and are consistent with the Wage Fixing Principles, therefore the award will be varied in the manner sought by the parties and be operative from the first full pay period to commence on or after 20 November 1995.
An Order giving effect to this decision is attached.
R J Watling
Date and place of hearing: