TASMANIAN INDUSTRIAL COMMISSION
Industrial Relations Act 1984
s.32(7A) application to rescind an award
The Minister administering the State Service Act 2000
[T13375 of 2009]
|DEPUTY PRESIDENT P C SHELLEY||
4 March 2009
Rescission of award – award rescinded – operative 4 March 2009
REASONS FOR DECISION
(1) This application, made by the Minister administering the State Service Act 2000, (MASSA), sought to rescind the Tourism Tasmania Award.
(2) The matter was set down for hearing on 4 March 2009 at the Edward Braddon Commonwealth Law Courts Building, 39-41 Davey Street, Hobart.
(3) The following organisations were advised of the hearing details:
• The Community and Public Sector Union (State Public Services Federation Tasmania) Inc.
• Workplace Standards Tasmania
• The Minister for Workplace Relations
(4) Mr K Grey, for MASSA, presented a submission to the Commission which, simply stated, confirmed that the award had been superseded by the new Tasmanian State Service Award. Therefore the award no longer serves a purpose and should be rescinded. Ms L Saunders for the Community and Public Sector Union (State Public Services Federation Tasmania) Inc.concurred with Mr Grey’s submission.
(5) Given the above, pursuant to s32(7) of the Industrial Relations Act 1984, I hereby determine that the Tourism Tasmania Award be rescinded as an award of the Tasmanian Industrial Commission on and from 4 March 2009, and I so Order.
P C Shelley
Mr K Grey for the Minister administering the State Service Act 2000
Ms L Saunders and Ms C Serra for The Community and Public Sector Union (State Public Services Federation Tasmania) Inc.
Date and place of hearing: